Has your shower lost it’s heat appeal?
Lot’s of people have a shower that has a single lever to manage the mixture of cold and hot water. The Problem: Shower only got warm even though the water in the sink was hot. Solution: Replace the faucet cartridge
- Turn off water to shower or house.
- Turn off hot water if heater is on same floor as shower. Isolate Hot Water Heater.
- Tools: Phillips and flat screw driver, maybe a strap wrench.
- Cover drain hole in shower base (prevent lost parts)
- Remove cap on shower control handle. Might need flat screw driver to pry off..
- Next remove Phillips screw in center of faucet. If your shower faucet had independent heat selector – Remove now.
- Remove outer chrome sleeve
- Unscrew the collar nut, should be finger tight.
- Cartridge should be extracted easily.
- Don’t loose little rubber plugs that may pop out after cartridge is removed.
- Take cartridge to local hardware or plumbing supply store and get a new one to match.
- Reinstall cartridge using reverse steps
- turn on water, check shower for leaks and heat
Last step? Do your happy dance because you just fixed that darn shower!